Well folks it has been almost a
year since I’ve updated this here memoir….and ALMOST is the key word. I’d like
to point out that I’m “almost” a full month AHEAD of it being an entire year so
I’ll just give myself a pat on the back now…cough ahem. No need to mention that
this is the first post of 2013.
So the question I’m dying to
answer is what have the Holbrook’s been up to this year!? Well like anyone in
life it has been full of ups and downs, highs and lows (sometimes I feel like
there is a façade in the blogging world where only the highs are recorded) but
this time around I think I’ll keep it lively and talk about our highlights.
Just remember ‘real’ life did go on over these last months and yes that included
scrubbing toilets, doing dishes and hey even changing a few diapers so props to
you mommas who do that on the daily. :)
Last time I left off sharing the
joyful marriage of my brother and now sister and just a week after that Stephen
and I were off to wedding #2 of that month.
Beautiful St. Louis welcomed us
with fall leaves and PERFECT weather. It was fun to FINALLY see the place that
Stephen always so fondly reminisces about and of course spending time with
family was a big plus!!
Alison and Alex were married in the
gorgeous St. Louis Temple and the day was not without our flower girls (my
nieces) picking up fall leaves for their bouquets and dancing around the temple
grounds. We may have even thrown in some car decorating with Mountain Dew and Dr.
Thunder cans as an added touch of class.
;)
Later that day the newlyweds
dashed off into the sunset, while the rest of the family hit up Dave &
Busters for some dinner and games. The last
stop of the night included Silky’s for some frozen custard…arguably the best custard
there is but I’ll let you hash that out with the Mr.
The next day Stephen had to head
back to Denver but I got to stay with the girls for a couple extra days in St.
Louis. We explored their incredible and FREE I might add zoo and the famous
arch (gateway to the west) before heading to Chicago. When in Chicago I soaked
up some more family time with some deep dish pizza, a fun ferris wheel ride and
a lovely Navy Pier Boat tour. Thanks to
Mom and Dad Holbrook for the fun and fabulous time!
Grandma and Chicken writing on the walls at Gino's East
Every child's dream to color on the walls, table, etc.
-Danielle

Welcome back sister friend!! Thanks for the update!!! Please continue so I may stalk you!! Love ya!!
ReplyDelete